Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Phase 1: Micro-Speculation







Backwoods

Even after all these years 

I can still recall the breath of fresh air.
I said goodbye to the same old
tree, and then one by one I said
goodbye to the rest of my little
woodland.
Across the sea we went, a new
journey has begun. A far cry
from home, miles and miles
away, where they’re out of sight.
I have lived my life in the city of
lights, working in the skyscraping
towers.
Time flew by, everyone went
their separate ways and I am now
losing my purpose in life. Wasn’t
I supposed to live a joyful
balance life? Holding ourselves
back from spending our life
savings.
Years have gone by since we have
waved our goodbyes. Now that I
no longer live there, we meet
once again.
Suddenly, it all became subtle. A
flash of memory appeared. It
drew me back to my childhood,
where I’ll always be.